Hey guys and gals!
I put together a nice checklist for you to get started in affiliate marketing! Follow these 10 steps and you will definitely be on your way. If you have any questions please email me: email@example.com
For a PDF checklist version click here!
1. Brainstorm a niche you want to get started in. This should be a niche you have a high interest in. Try to pick at least 3. Example: dogs, pets, animals, self help, parenting, internet marketing, automobiles, etc
2. Head over to Clickbank.com to check the different products you could potentially sell to your list. Make sure their are at least 4 products you could sell them. Youʼll want to pay attention to the:
- Gravity: Above 50 (Even better is above 100)
- Avg $/Sale: $20 and above
- Look into the product(s) and see what their sales pages look like, what the product is. A good way to gauge whether or not this product is decent is to clarify whether or not you would actually buy it.
- Add these products to a spreadsheet or word document (so you donʼt forget)
3. Once you have a niche picked out with some good products, youʼll want to decide on a domain name for your website. Brainstorm different “keywords” that deal with your industry. Example: Debt – “get out of debt”, “credit card debt”, “bankruptcy”, “make money quickly”, “make money online”, etc.
This one is important. You will want to pick a domain that 1) sounds good, 2) easy to “read” and 3) has at least one keyword in it (the more the better)
4. Buy your domain (.com is preferable with .net in second): Namecheap.com is what I personally use. Their prices are amazing, customer service is great and I have never had a single problem with them!
5. Host your domain – 2 options:
- FREE! – wordpress.com blog. With this option you donʼt even NEED to buy a domain (though it is strongly recommended). If you donʼt buy a domain, youʼre website will look like this: “howcanimakemoney.wordpress.com”
The other option is to “forward” your purchased domain to your wordpress.com blog. You can do this in the Namecheap preferences for your domain. (if you are unsure, let me know I will make a video)
- PAID – find a hosting company (their are literally TONS just Google “Website Hosting”. I personally prefer Hostgator. Hosting can be as low as $4.95/month!
- Sign up
- Set up your domain (instructions can be found on your providers website – very simple)
- Set up your physical site: This is easier then you think… once your domain is set up on your server, check out WordPress.org. This is a hosted version of WordPress.com and is completely free! Set up is also very easy.
6. Start your list! Sign up for Aweber. They even have a deal that your first month is $1!
7. Create a list in Aweber for your niche and create an opt-in form
8. Put your opt-in form onto your website. Again, this is simple, Aweber tells you how! If you are using the hosted version of WordPress you just have to create a “Page” and add the HTML for your form onto the site. Or for each blog post, add the HTML for your form at the top or bottom of your post (remember to TELL your readers to sign up!)
9. Create some preliminary content on your site: Write a few blog entries about your niche, you want to include:
A TON of keywords (donʼt make it overwhelming, it still needs to be readable)
- Good content
- An answer to a possible question your reader may have
- The number game (Example: 5 ways to do this, 10 ways to avoid that, 3 ways to making “this” happen)
The only thing you should be “selling” your reader on within these blog entries is this: “I have a lot of content for you guys and gals, sign up for my newsletter so you donʼt miss a beat!” (or something like that. Remember: the end result is that you want to get them to enter their name and email and get on your list)
10. TRAFFIC! Without traffic, it wonʼt matter how good your website is. This is a whole checklist on its own that I will definitely go into detail about later. Hereʼs some pointers:
- Article Writing (ezinearticles.com, etc)
Now that is a great list to get you started! Remember, the first step is always the hardest step of all. Once you have your checklist completed, everything else will come. Of course I will help you out along the way as I learn and perfect things, so will you.
There are a multitude of programs out there that are garbage and a ton others that are great. I am doing my best to give you information from all the good sources!
I will be writing up a ton of these checklists for you affiliate marketers to help you along the way. Definitely look out for my Traffic checklist…
If you have ANY further questions and I mean ANY questions, feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org I will personally respond to your email or include the questions I receive in my newsletter.
You can download a copy of the PDF here!
To Life and Living